What is Formadoct ?
Formadoct is the acronym of FORMation A distance en information-DOCumentation pour les docTorants (e-learning training on documentation and information for PhD students)
- A collection of guides for e-learning training to scientific information : basic contents
In each guide, you will find synthetic information a topic summary : for example, how to publish a scientific paper, how to monitor research, how to set up an RSS alert, what Open Access to scientific knowledge is about, how to use a reference manager software, which presentation do require bibliographic records, and so on. You can access those guides by topics in a table of contents, by tags in a tag cloud or by browsing on keywords.
- Rich types of content
As any other guide, Formadoct contains examples, diagrams, embedded contents like slides from slideshare, screencasts, videos from Youtube, a glossary, references to printed or electronic material, further readings, everything that allows a wide but also detailed comprehension of the subject
- Rich panel of services
Formadoct allows you to :
- Communicate with the editors to ask for help or information (you can leave a comment on every box)
- Reuse content : stay up to date on a topic by RSS syndication, share content on different social networks, print and save
- Find authenticated access to your university subscriptions
...and coming soon : find quick help to improve your searches with e-learning, curation and monitoring
- with teaching methods fit to the audience
Formadoct can satisfy people who need immediate and specific information as well as those who ask for comprehensive knowledge on a subject
- Formadoct aims at developping among PhD students
-increased skills for searching, analysing and retrieving information
-knowledge and expertise in producing, formatting and publishing scientific results
- deeper information literacy skills by improving their knowledge about recent changes in producing, publishing and sharing scientific information. The new PhD student must acquire all these skills and knowledge in order to face the new challenges of research.
- with a proper interface
Formadoct is powered on Libguides by Springshare, a LMS used by a growing number of libraries all over the world, which offers flexible, modular and interactive design.
Conditions of use
Formadoct by Université Européenne de Bretagne is licenced under a creative attribution licence Creative Commons By - Non commercial - Share alike 3.0 Unported
As a website created and maintained by UEB members, Form@doct targets as a priority UEB PhD students :
In addition to these guides, UEB students can access to resources subscribed by UEB members, and later will benefit of several other services coming soon.
Formadoct is also open access ; every PhD student outside UEB can use it.
Formadoct aims at adressing any information literacy issue such as :
- How scientific information is produced, published and circulates
- What use can be made of new tools to find relevant information, what specific resources can be find on each subject
- How a PhD student can easily produce and format his bibliography,
- What kind of thesis dissertation deposit is required
- and more...